I have never used cabbage in a recipe and really had to idea what to do with it besides use it as a wrap. I have heard of cabbage wedges, but have mainly seen people it them raw.
I wanted something warm for dinner so I decided to roast the wedges.
I kept the ingredients to a minimum:
- 1 head of cabbage
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- seat salt
The prep for this took maybe five minutes, and then I let the wedges roast for 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice the cabbage into 1 inch rounds
- Place the cabbage rounds on a baking sheet (I used a stone)
- Drizzle olive oil on the cabbage, then sprinkle with seasoning
- Put in oven and impatiently wait to eat them!
These babies were amazing! I truly did not know what to except, and I was thrilled with the result. I ate them and the mashed cauliflower as a combination for dinner (I will share that next). They would also be a great appetizer or a side dish with any meal.
I did have left-over cabbage (the very most outside of the cabbage that came off when I cut the cabbage). I plan on using this as a stir-fry tomorrow.