I have a great recipe to share with you, courtesy of Jordan Miroballi! She sent me this recipe the other day, knowing I was looking for healthier versions of desserts.
Jordan is a spin instructor (a GREAT way to stay in shape and cross train!) who enjoys baking healthier versions of the things we all enjoy 🙂 Please check her Facebook page out HERE!
Here is Jordan’s recipe:
“Let’s Go Coconuts” (a.k.a. Double Chocolate Chunk Coconut Cookies)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 3 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of coconut flour (or sub any other type of flour at 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup of pure light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 6 squares of a dark chocolate bar (I used a mix of 90 cacao Godiva and 72 cacao Lindt) –> use as much of whatever kind of chocolate you like!!
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place all ingredients except coconut flakes and chocolate in a mixer.
3. Measure out 1 cup of coconut flakes and 4 squares of chocolate (melted together) and add to the food processor.
4. Start mixing these ingredients until fully mixed.
5. Measure out the rest of the coconut and chocolate (broken down into small pieces), and fold into the cookie mixture.
6. Use a a tablespoon to measure out each cookie, and place onto sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes.
7. Stuff in face.
Nutrition Facts (48 cookies):
71 calories per cookie
Here are the ingredients I used. *I did not use honey- it snuck into the picture! I am in love with honey and apparently just wanted it in the picture! I could not get the darker chocolate at my grocery store, so I had to settle for the darkest they had which was 60%. The darker the chocolate, the darker the cookies will be.
The cookies turned out fantastic and taste so good! I love chocolate and coconut, so it is the perfect combination.
Thank you Jordan!