Along with growing fruits and veggies in my garden, I am also growing a ton of herbs thanks to Kyla. If you’re familiar with herbs, you know they spread like crazy and are pretty hardy.
I keep my herbs in a pot to keep them from taking over my garden. One of the herbs that I have an abundance of is lemon balm. I asked Kyla what I can do with it and she suggested making tea. Not a bad idea.
I totally guessed the whole tea making process and it did not turn out bad!
- I grabbed a bunch of lemon balm (still attached to the stem) and then rinsed them with water
- Once cleaned, I picked each leaf off of the stem and patted dry
- While this is happening, have water boiling on the stove (I boiled about 16 ounces)
- I then put the leaves in a big mason jar with some honey
- Pour the boiling water into the jar and then seal the lid
- I then put the jar outside on my patio to let it steep in the sun for the next day
The tea has a light lemon taste, which is perfect for a cold, refreshing summer drink. You do not have to add the honey when making the tea, but I wanted it a bit sweeter.
Enjoy iced or hot!