Do you ever go for a run and just don’t feel it? I had that experience this morning. I went for a 4 mile run around 5 AM and I just felt tired, slow, and really wanted to be back in my bed!
I averaged a pace of 8:48 and was not thrilled with my time. But, I told myself it was better than no run. In the past ten years of running I have learned that I will have runs that are awesome and runs that are not awesome. It is okay.
I hope you all look as great as I do when I get done running. Sweaty, blotchy face and all.
I made a chocolate, strawberry, chia seed smoothie to drink while I got ready for school.
This is such an easy smoothie to make and it gives me the chocolate fix I need.
- 1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 4-5 frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cocoa power
- 1/2 scoop whey protein powder
Like all smoothies I make the above ingredients are really just dumped into the blender and not really measured, but if I had to estimate measurements those would be it 😉
School went FAST today (well it always does). After lunch my students and the other fifth grade made the front and side of the school pretty! Last night Ann (the other fifth grader teacher) and I went shopping and got tons of flowers so our students could beautify the lawn.
We spent a good two hours pulling weeds, planting flowers, and putting down mulch. Our kids did a wonderful job and had an absolute blast.
It was also a great workout!
I did a tv interview so maybe I’ll post that once it is up. I HATE seeing myself on tv, so we will see how it went!
Lastly, just a few randoms from this week.
1. Charlie kept me company while I picked weeds in the front of my house.
2. My best friend Kelly sent me this picture Monday because she had her first dress fitting! She also sent me a picture of her in the dress and she looked beyond gorgeous. I can’t share just yet! We picked out her dress back in August, so it is so exciting that it is finally in! Her wedding is at the end of July! I will actually be with her tomorrow so HOORAY!!
3. Charlie is so cute.
4. I showed my kids a picture of me at their age and they thought it was the funniest thing. “Mrs. Brown you were a fifth grader once?!”
5. Shout-outs from Oiselle always make my day!
Have a WONDERFUL Memorial Day weekend! I will be with family and friends, running, and being lazy of course.