With a busy life (like all of us), it is very easy to become unmotivated to run or workout. I’m not saying I dislike running, just the opposite- I love it! However, sometimes I am so busy and feel tired from a long work day and I just want to be lazy.
I know we’ve all had that feeling before (or multiple times!).
So what do I do to stay motivated and get out the door for a run?
1. As corny as it sounds, I remind myself that I am lucky that I am able to run. I have the health that allows me to get out the door and just run. Not everyone is as lucky.
2. I remind myself how far I have come with my running and how far I still want to go.
3. I tell myself that sitting inside and not running will not get me to my goal.
4. I know how awesome I feel after a good run and remind myself of that.
5. One of the best things is putting on comfy pajamas or sweats after a hard workout.
6. I think of the cool places I am going to run in and tell myself that running now will make me appreciate running on vacation more.
7. I tell people I am going for a run! Whether I am texting Kelly or talking to Morgan, I tell them I am going out for a run and I somewhat feel accountable to get out.
8. I know running is good for my health.
9. I don’t have a lot of running friends, but when I get to run with someone it makes me super happy! I would rather run 10 miles with someone than three miles alone.
10. I often think back to my favorite documentary , or just read inspirational stories.
Finding motivation is really up to you, but I some of these can help you! I have a dropdown menu on my homepage titled “Motivation” which may help also!
Oh, and spring is here! I found these beauties in my yard the other day!