I don’t have any real information to share today, just random things all relating to running.
1. This is probably the most exciting thing (at least to me). Kara Goucher MIGHT run Chicago! She is contemplating either Chicago or New York. Don’t worry, I tweeted her and asked her to run Chicago. Kyla thinks since she has re-tweeted me several times it is like we are BFFs. I’ll go with that.
Read the rest of the article HERE!
2. I saw this on the Run the Edge website and loved it. Running a half marathon is a big deal, and you should not compare yourself to marathon runners. You should be proud you ran a half!
4. I officially start marathon training tomorrow! Although I run year round, the 16 weeks of marathon training are more specific and geared towards the marathon. I went on an 11 mile run with my friend this morning and it was fantastic! We went around 8:30 and it was extremely hot and sunny, but we still had a good time. We averaged a pace of 8:24, which we thought was good considering the heat and all of the rolling hills we ran.
5. I will get to run with Kelly for 6 days while we are in Bermuda. It’ll be just like college!
6. The Chicago Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon posted their route. I love the whole route, but miles 10-11 are my favorite. You get the best views of the city.
7. I had a giant bowl of carbs for lunch. Whole wheat rotini, Go Veggie mozzarella, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and pepper. Delicious.
I’m all out of things relating to running.
However I think this is important and needs to be shared. I love Christian Grey and cannot wait until Valentine’s 2015!
Have a great Sunday night and go USA!